Employment and Labor Law
Discrimination or harassment at work is prohibited based on the following categories:
Most people, and even many employers, don’t know that in addition to the disability leave employees may be entitled to, that most employers must also continue to reasonably accommodate their employees disabilities.
There are two types of sexual harassment:
1) “Quid pro quo” is when a supervisor demands sexual favors of a subordinate as a condition of getting or keeping a job benefit.
2) A “hostile work environment” arises when a co-worker, supervisor, or client engages in unwelcome and inappropriate sexually based behavior, rendering the workplace atmosphere intimidating, hostile, or offensive.
Common wage and hour issues in California include failure to properly provide:
- Meal & Rest Breaks
- Overtime pay
- Expense reimbursement
- Off the clock compensation
- Prevailing wages
Common mistakes for employers also include:
- Independent contractor misclassification
- Salaried employee misclassification
Civil lawsuits brought on behalf of a group of employees require an attorney with experience in class actions. I have significant class action experience and ready for the toughest of cases.