Los Angeles Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney
Unfortunately, pregnancy discrimination is prevalent in the workplace. During the joyous and stressful time of being pregnant, women are often refused pregnancy and disability leave they are entitled to, retaliated against, and even terminated because their employers do not want to be inconvenienced. Both Federal and California law prevent such actions.
If you believe you have been the victim of pregnancy discrimination or denied pregnancy leave, please contact us for a free confidential case evaluation. Get the best pregnancy discrimination lawyer you can in the Los Angeles area.
Employers are legally prohibited from doing the following due to pregnancy:
- Terminating employment
- Demoting or cutting your hours involuntarily
- Prohibiting maternity leave (3 months + disability leave)
- Denying pregnancy-related disability leave
- Making negative comments about an employee’s pregnancy (must be severe or pervasive)
- Directly interfering with your pregnancy leave
- Denying a promotion
- Any other form of retaliation
Women disabled by pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy are entitled to disability leave.
Men and women of many employers are entitled to CFRA/FMLA leave of at least 3 months to bond with their child or for their disability or that of a close family member.