Tilak Gupta is an experienced employment law attorney. He represents employees in discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, reasonable accommodation, family and medical leave, whistleblower, and wage and hour cases. Mr. Gupta is a pit bull and has extensive experience getting clients large settlements against big corporations.
Mr. Gupta is a caring and compassionate listener with clients. He interacts directly with clients, giving them the personal attention that their high value cases deserve. He assists and advises clients throughout the entire litigation process by keeping them informed at every step, ensuring that clients are comfortable, confident, and have an overall understanding of what to expect.
Mr. Gupta obtained his Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School of Los Angeles. During his time at Loyola, Mr. Gupta interned at both the District Attorney’s Hardcore Gang Unit in Downtown Los Angeles and at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Eastlake Juvenile Office, where he argued seven trials on the record. He also clerked for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), where he worked on cases involving racial discrimination, LGBTQ rights, and immigrant rights. Mr. Gupta received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Diplomacy & World Affairs, cum laude, from Occidental College in three years.
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- California Employment Lawyers Association, (CELA) TechTalk, “Changes to the Federal Rules on E-discovery and How They May Affect Your State Court Cases,” July 2016 (Speaker)
- California Employment Lawyers Association, (CELA) TechTalk, “Laptops and apps for Lawyers,” November 2015 (Speaker)
- CELA, 28th Annual Employment Law Conference, “E-Discovery 101,” September 2015 (Speaker)
- E-Discovery for Plaintiffs’ lawyers. (Plaintiff, November 2015 Issue)
Professional Committees/Volunteer Work
- CELA Diversity Outreach Committee, co-chair
- CELA Worker Outreach Committee, member
- CELA Technology Committee, member
- CELA, On-Campus Interviews, interview law students for clerkships yearly at Loyola Law School
- CELA, attend and help organize worker outreach programs to inform California workers of their rights