The EEOC is suing a Chipotle Mexican Grill in San Jose, California on behalf of a male shift manager. The 22-year-old claims that he experienced sexual harassment and retaliation during his employment. Here is what we know about the allegations:
- A female general manager verbally and physically harassed him, including slapping and groping his genitals.
- The female GM kept a daily "sex scoreboard" in the office that revealed details of her staff’s sex lives.
- She told the complainant that she wanted to watch him and his girlfriend have sex. She also told him that she wanted to have a threesome with them.
- The GM frequently discussed inappropriate topics such as her sex life and the sex lives of her staff members.
- The complainant reported this behavior to upper management but was later locked in the walk-in freezer and forced to quit.
Though Chipotle refuses to comment on the specifics of this lawsuit, a spokesperson has come forward saying that the company doesn’t tolerate “discrimination or harassment in any form” and that they will take “appropriate action” whenever reports of harassment come forth in the restaurant.
How common do you think "female on male" sexual harassment takes place in the workplace?
*image by Mike Mozart
Sexually harassed by your employer? Call Shirazi Law Firm for a consultation: 310-400-5891. Join us on the following networks for the latest legal news: